Adventure Science Center is an absolute gem located in Nashville. It’s a fun time of exploring and learning for kids and grownup kids.
On a recent visit, I thoughtfully planned our trip based on what had and had not went well on past visits. Honestly, the only negative I can think to mention is that it can be quite crowded at peak times.
With that said, my game plan was: Go on a weekday. Get there early (as in when they open – the website said 10 but we arrived at 9:30 and doors were already open). Eat lunch early. There’s a Subway on the top floor and it gets crazy crowded around lunch time. We strategically ate at 10:45 and we were the only ones in there. When we walked by an hour later it was packed, and a long line to place your order.
Both of my girls love this science center. We have been to others, and our Nashville center does the best job of catering to younger and older kids that I have seen. My children particularly love the space area and Human Body area.
- Bring a backpack or fanny pack. Lugging around a diaper bag or heavy handbag is the worst.
- Keep your phone nearby because there will be plenty of photo and video ops but you will want to be hands-free so you can plan and participate in all the fun.
- When you pass by a bathroom, have all your peeps use it. That way you can maximize your playtime instead of trekking your way back to the potty when someone announces they have to “go.”
- Do the Planetarium experience. It was something we will never forget. The reactions of my kiddos was priceless. There are several shows – We chose “Nightwatch.”
- Kids will want to flock to the climbing apparatus in the center, but in my opinion the cooler and more fun activities are along the perimeter of each floor. My children love the space area and human body area especially.
- Save money. If you are a teacher at a public school in the state of Tennessee bring your badge for free/discounted admission. Our school sells a City Saver coupon book and the coupon admitted one of my children for free. I also ordered ice water for us to drink at Subway!