During flu and cold season our family has added elderberry syrup to our health and wellness regimen by taking at least a tablespoon each a day, to help support and protect our bodies.
Did you know…Elderberries are rich in vitamins A, B and C and are a traditional cold and flu remedy that has been used for hundreds of years? They are known to have high antioxidant activity and the bioflavonoids and other proteins in the juice of the berry destroy the ability of a cold or flu virus to infect a cell. *mic drop*
Check out some of the other benefits of this amazing, NATURAL elixir:
- boosts immune system
- protects the heart
- anti-inflammatory (in other words, helps with pain)
- lessens stress
- helps with back and leg pain (sciatica)
- helps with chronic fatigue syndrome
- helps with allergies
- relieves constipation
- natural diuretic
- supports skin
- can help prevent cancer
- supports brain health
- boosts vision health
I add my tablespoon of elderberry to a shot of Ningxia Red, an impressive blend of wolfberry, plum, aronia, cherry, blueberry, and pomegranate juices. Ningxia boasts the same antioxidant activity I just described. Talk about a powerhouse of protection!
Do you have elderberry syrup as a part of your wellness arsenal or any other natural preventatives that you love? If you are interested in elderberry and other immune system boosters check out this post on some lesser known wellness supports.
It’s still technically fall, but today in Tennessee we have snow on the ground and temps in the 20s.
We need to be proactive during this cold and flu season to keep our families healthy!
Are you stocked up and ready for this?
Here are my must-have Young Living oils and products as we head into winter:
- Thieves. And by Thieves I mean all the Thieves products: essential oil, roll-on, Thieves Cleaner, Fruit and Veggie Spray, Foaming Hand Soap. All of it. Thieves essential oil supports the immune system like nothing else I know. Thieves products purify and product your home. Ditch all the gross chemical filled products and go natural with Thieves. Best decision ever.
- RC and Raven. Both offer the best respiratory support. If you’re on the fence and trying to decide between the two, I would opt for Raven. It supports the respiratory system but also your immune system. It is also in the current starter kit.
- Thieves Lozenges. I already plugged Thieves products, I know, but I have to give a separate shoutout to these in particular. I talk for a living and keep these in my desk drawer at work, some in my purse and some at home. They are the best cough drop/lozenge I’ve ever had. They don’t just soothe, the support the body. What other drop does that?
- Lavender Lotion. This lotion is the best ever. Most lotions you have to apply and reapply- like hourly. This lotion is truly soothing. Again I keep at work, home, and in the purse.
- Lavender Lip Balm and Rose Ointment. I suffered from chronic chapped lips every winter until I discovered this duo. I apply daily, preventatively and can’t remember the last time my lips were chapped in winter since.
- Digize and Life 9. Did you know that 70% of your immune system is located in your gut? We apply Digize when anyone is having tummy issues and Life 9 is an awesome probiotic to maintain healthy bacteria in the gut. Gut health is key!
There are so many products I love to have on hand in winter. This is really just scratching the surface but does represent my faves.
Do you have favorite Young Living oils and products for winter that aren’t on this list? I’d love to know what they are. Please share in the comments.
And if you are ready to dive in with Young Living and this wellness lifestyle you can get your starter kit here.